Saturday, September 8, 2012

101 in 365 Challenge

Hi everyone! I have some goals to accomplish. I've decided that I've been a little lackluster lately. So I'm giving myself a brand new challenge: one hundred and one new things in three hundred and sixty five days. I'm going to do exactly what it sounds like: one hundred and one completely new things in a year.

I love having new experiences, and I don't think there is a better way for me to spend my senior year of high school than trying to accumulate them. I like challenges that can be quantified, so this is perfect for me. I'm going to record and post about each item that I complete. Some are big, some are small, but they are all things I want to experience. So you guys are keeping me accountable!

I've always wanted to do a big challenge like this. I'm very proud to say that I am starting! It works out to about two challenges per week, so I can do it in small pieces.

Here is the list of one hundred and one new things that I am going to do (the challenges that I complete will be linked):

  1. Come up with a list of 101 new experiences to have
  2. Take a tennis lesson
  3. Make and decorate cake pops
  4. Go to Williamsburg Fashion Weekend
  5. Take a group fitness class (that isn't yoga!)
  6. Watch the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's
  7. Have a tea party
  8. Go to a new city
  9. Paint a self portrait
  10. Run in a race
  11. See Chicago live
  12. Celebrate my three-quarter birthday! 
  13. Work at the restaurant for thirty six consecutive business hours
  14. Take my parents out to dinner
  15. Read a book by Hemingway (I know, it's shameful that I haven't done this yet!)
  16. Give up the internet for forty eight hours
  17. Travel somewhere alone
  18. Read from dawn to dusk by natural light
  19. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
  20. Enjoy a live jazz concert
  21. Learn twenty unusual and fun vocabulary words
  22. Watch all seven James Bond films with Sean Connery
  23. Make a new friend
  24. Organize my LP collection and clean my records
  25. Ride in a limousine
  26. Build an epic sandcastle
  27. Work in a retail clothing store
  28. Try cole slaw
  29. Make a playlist and give it to someone as a gift
  30. Go to a thrift shop that I haven't been to before
  31. Read every article in a Sunday edition of the New York Times
  32. Eat a slice of pizza backwards
  33. Try to make fried oreos
  34. Memorize a Shakespearean sonnet and recite it to someone
  35. Participate in a Quidditch match
  36. Use a real photobooth (must have awesome printed strips!)
  37. Go to (or invent) an event that requires a fancy dress and rent a dress that's way out of my budget to buy(!)
  38. Cook a meal with tofu in it
  39. Buy a lottery ticket (bonus points for winning)
  40. Take photos in an indoor studio
  41. Donate blood
  42. Get in my swimsuit and run through a sprinkler
  43. Go on a scavenger hunt
  44. Make a time capsule
  45. Learn to play chess
  46. Take a real photography class
  47. Have a picnic
  48. Watch a silent movie
  49. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day
  50. Learn to make potato salad
  51. Dye my hair
  52. Fill up an entire sketchbook with drawings
  53. Write a letter to a celebrity
  54. Learn how to say hello, goodbye, please and thank you in ten languages
  55. Get a henna tattoo
  56. See a roller derby match
  57. Send a message in a bottle
  58. Pay for someone else's order behind me in line
  59. Actually watch the DVD commentary for a movie
  60. Post one hundred posts on this blog!
  61. Buy something from Etsy
  62. Go for six months without buying new clothes
  63. Find out my blood type
  64. Photograph and display twenty things that make me happy
  65. Commit to a university
  66. Visit a New York tourist trap
  67. Design my own calling cards
  68. Go to a music festival
  69. Sell something on ebay
  70. Send out cards for Arbor Day
  71. Make a pinhole camera
  72. Save all my change for six months and use it for something special
  73. Send a letter with no words, only photos
  74. Make (and give) a friendship bracelet
  75. Take a photo of myself everyday for a month
  76. Vote in an election
  77. Try flavored rice pudding
  78. Place a bet on a horse race (winning is optional, but preferred)
  79. Send a care package
  80. Use an instant film camera
  81. Make a zine
  82. Go to New York Fashion Week
  83. Make an entire outfit from recycled material
  84. Spend a day working on my roller skating skills
  85. Read a book about particle physics
  86. Climb a tree
  87. Go to a drive in movie theater
  88. Use only chopsticks for an entire day (I might go hungry!)
  89. Recreate a famous photograph
  90. Start a collection of small objects
  91. Decorate my bicycle and make it awesome
  92. Learn to say the alphabet backwards
  93. Order something spicy at an Indian restaurant
  94. Write a love letter everyday for a month
  95. Put on fake eyelashes properly
  96. Do a DIY I see on Pinterest
  97. Write a proper book review
  98. Have an occasion to wear a wig
  99. Be photographed by a street style photographer
  100. Write a personal mission statement
  101. Create one hundred and one goals for next year!