Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Day at the Open

After discovering that I can enjoy and understand tennis, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the US Open a second time. To be only twenty feet away from some of the best players in the world was an exciting experience.

One of the coolest parts of the tournament was that most of the doubles partners that I saw were from two different countries. I thought that it was awesome that people from opposite sides of the globe could play in tandem at such a high level. It was different from the Olympics because instead of country against country, it was literally skill against skill. I thought that was so great.

mwip01_01
Murray just winning his match.

mwip01_04
There were staff everywhere directing the crowds.

mwip01_03
A view from the promenade level.

mwip01_02
A tennis playing moving statue. Four actors set up pedestals and played a game of mimed slow motion tennis while covered in metallic paint. I was amused!