Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Challenge Within a Challenge AKA My Brain and My Wallet Hurt

shoppingforminichallenge
Image Source
This Saturday, I will be embarking on two challenges with in a challenge. The overarching challenge is my effort to do 101 new things in 365 days. Most of those things are one time events, but a few are challenges that require some long term self control and motivation.

The ones I will be starting are #62 (no new clothes for 6 months) and #72 (save all change for 6 months). I thought it would be great to start them both at the same time, because that way it is harder for me to mess up the start and end dates.

These would seem like fairly passive challenges, but they pose a specific challenge for me. Mostly because I lose change like its my job (I think it's with all my missing socks?) and I love clothing. I don't just "dress to impress," but as someone who loves to sew, I'm obsessed with fabric, cuts, perfectly turned seams and well placed darts. Alas, a six month break from that might do my wallet good. (I'm not starting until Saturday because I have some clothing shipments coming in Friday. Okay, I admitted it!)

I recognize that these challenges wouldn't be great for everyone. They really play on my personal weaknesses that I want to improve on in a fun way. What kind of six month fast would you do in the name of self improvement?

Find me elsewhere on the internet:
Twitter || Pinterest