Sunday, September 9, 2012

#44: Making a Time Capsule

I decided to make a time capsule for myself to open in ten years. I thought it would be a good way to start off the 101 in 365 challenge, since I'm not getting any younger. And also, I was feeling nostalgic for elementary school.

challenge44_02

It included a set of decorative keys, a little book of tips, a clipping of my favorite phrase, and a letter to my future self, sealed with a glitter sticker kiss.

I wrapped it all up with some tissue paper and sprayed it with my current scent:
challenge44_01

I wonder if I will be able to smell the perfume in ten years.

Then I got really pragmatic and packaged it in all sorts of manila atrocities so it would actually make it to ten years.

It's weird to think that the year 2022 is going to exist, and that I'll be a real adult who has real life responsibilities by then. I can't even put too much thought into it; my brain will explode.

Have you ever made a time capsule? Would you like to make one? What would you put in it?